All qualifications must include supervised and assessed clinical practice of at least 120 hours
- An applied bachelor degree in addictions (or higher) from the list of recognised applied addiction qualifications (meets qualification requirements for both provisional and full registration)
- An applied bachelor degree in Nursing, Social Work, Medicine or Counselling
- Te Taketake Diploma in Applied Addictions Counselling (level 7)
- The following Bachelors tend NOT to be applied: Art (Psychology), Science (Psychology), Health Sciences or Social Sciences
- We can only consider international qualifications if they have been assessed as equivalent to New Zealand qualification requirements by NZQA
Addiction practice requirements
- Your manager and dapaanz accredited clinical supervisor will be required to endorse that you have completed at least 6 months of competent, ethical supervised addiction clinical practice (100 hours of work with clients – 75 of these hours must be direct client work).