What does Addiction Practice Look Like in 2020?
This year has been one of unprecented change, challenges and innovation, as well as one with a particular focus on addictions and mental health including the early stages of the implementation of Te Ara Oranga and the upcoming Cannabis Referendum.
In lieu of the cancelled Cutting Edge 2020, we surveyed our members to find out what online options they would like. They told us:
- A mix of shorter online events over a longer period, ie. three months
- A practice orientated focus
- And, opportunity for people to present their innovations to the sector
Addiction Practice 2020
- Ten one-hour lunchtime slots over a ten-week period (18 August to 20 October).
- The format of each slot will be a brief keynote (20-25 minute), followed by three ten-minute webinar presentations.
- This 10-week series will be free to attend. Last 3 are to be confirmed.
- Each session will earn CPD points.
Click here to register for individual presentations.
Presentations relevant to practice under the Foundation Competencies found in The Addiction Competency Framework (plus one Specialist Role Competency), as below:
- Working with clients
- Working with Māori
- Working with Pacific Peoples
- Applying principles of Social Justice
- Professional responsibility
- Working with families and whānau
- Facilitating groups Essential
- Working with communities
- And, Problem Gambling.
Call for abstracts now closed