- A recognised applied addiction qualification that will qualify for for both provisional and full registration
- If your provisional registration was with an applied bachelor degree in Nursing, Social Work, Medicine, Counselling, or similar you will need to complete an approved addictions qualification that covers the addiction specific competencies in the Addiction Intervention Competency Framework. Click here and look under the heading 'addiction qualifications (non-applied)'
- The following Bachelors tend NOT to be applied: Art (Psychology), Science (Psychology), Health Sciences or Social Sciences
- We can only consider international qualifications if they have been assessed as equivalent to New Zealand qualification requirements by NZQA
Addiction practice requirements
- A minimum of 12 months provisional registration
- Your manager and dapaanz accredited clinical supervisor will need to endorse that you have completed at least 12 months of supervised addiction clinical practice (including 1000 hours of work with clients – of which 500 hours must be direct client contact), and that you are practising competently and ethically
- You will need to earn 100 continuing professional development points over the 12 months prior to applying.